KPMG advised on the most merger and acquisition (M&A) deals in Ireland during 2021, according to the latest Mergermarket Global and Regional M&A report. This is the third consecutive year that KPMG has topped the table as the leading Financial Advisor on Irish M&A transactions by deal volume.
The Mergermarket report outlines a significant increase in the volume of deals conducted in 2021, reflecting the extremely buoyant M&A market in Ireland, which is driven by business confidence and the availability of capital. While technology and healthcare again produced a lot of deal activity, there were significant deals across most sectors including food, agriculture and industrials.
Notable deals KPMG that advised on in 2021 included:
- Advised Glanbia Co-op on the acquisition of the remaining 40% of Glanbia Ireland
- Advised Brookfield Renewable on the sale of its Ireland and UK onshore wind platform to Orsted
- Advised a leading Irish logistics company, Dixon International Transport, on the sale of a majority shareholding to Erisbeg
- Advised the shareholders of Integrity 360 on its transaction with August Equity
- Secured private equity investment for SF Engineering, a leading food equipment manufacturer
- Advised Cubico Investments Ltd on the sale of Cordal Windfarm to Greencoat Renewables Plc
- Advised Vitruvian Partners LLP on its investment in Carne Financial Services Limited
- Advised management on the MBO of Dortek, a specialist door manufacturer
Commenting on the league table results, David O’Kelly, Corporate Finance Partner, KPMG said: “2021 was an incredible year for M&A activity in Ireland. Ongoing Covid disruption created a very difficult environment for some sectors and businesses, but amidst the uncertainty, it’s clear there is significant appetite from businesses to expand and seek new opportunities. This confidence is further bolstered by the unprecedented levels of capital available to deploy. I’m delighted our teams have successfully supported so many clients in reaching their ambitions in 2021 and wish these businesses continued success in 2022.”