A new survey carried out by Carphone Warehouse, Ireland’s largest independent communications retailer, has found that 57% of consumers would switch mobile phone contracts today if they could in order to get a better deal.
The survey* was to gain an insight into the challenges facing consumers when they need to buy a new phone or switch contract. Carphone Warehouse today launched their brand new consumer website which aims to take all the hard work out of choosing a new mobile phone package by comparing all the best deals available.
The new Carphone Warehouse website has an easy to use ‘Compare and Save’ function where consumers can compare up to five mobile phones and plans at any one time. From dimensions, camera capabilities and operating systems, to data allowances and out of bundle costs on plans, customers can gain the insights needed to find the right phone or plan, whatever their needs.
Mark Slater, MD of Carphone Warehouse Ireland, said: “Our new website will keep customers’ fingers firmly on the pulse with all the latest details on big name releases, as well as a host of new online features like product reviews, ‘how-to’ features, expert advice and a brand new magazine section. We are proud to offer quality, impartial advice to consumer to help them get the best mobile package to suit their needs.”
Speaking at the launch of Carphone Warehouse’s new website, broadcaster and tech lover Aoibhinn Ní Shúilleabháin said: “It’s great to finally have a website that gives completely impartial advice about purchasing a new mobile phone. I’ve been using the new Carphone Warehouse website and it definitely takes away all the hard work and confusion and makes choosing a new phone an exciting, pleasurable experience.”
Other findings in the survey
- Battery life is the main feature consumers look for when choosing a new mobile phone (83%), followed by data storage (72%), camera quality (67%) and screen size (61%).
- The main reasons respondents gave for wishing to switch mobile phone contracts were: to get a better deal (56%), to get a brand new phone (22%) and to get a more affordable contract (20%).
- 44% of respondents found that that finding a mobile phone contract pay-plan to suit their needs was the most confusing element of buying a new phone.
- The biggest influencing factor in choosing a particular phone or package was on a ‘good deal being available’ (36%).
- Price is a consumer’s top consideration when choosing a new phone (49%), followed by quality of network (35%) and mobile internet connection (14%).