Pictured (L-R): Eowen Buckley, Aine McKeown, and Peter Power of UNICEF
Ireland’s digital industry gathered at The Round Room in The Mansion House in Dublin on Friday 3rd March for the 26th annual Spider Awards
The Spiders is the longest running digital awards programme in Ireland and celebrates the achievements of individuals and businesses that create and deliver innovative and effective campaigns. This year, the focus was not only on the campaigns but also the teams working behind the scenes to deliver them, through the new Design & UX Team category.
In all, 20 awards were presented in front of an audience of 400, with Dublin & Cork based Granite, the digital innovation and strategy agency, named Large Agency of the Year; Future Proof Media taking the top prize in the Small Agency category, and An Post named as winners of the new category, Design & UX Team.
The Spiders was sponsored by Skillnet Ireland, Centre of Excellence in Universal Design, Storyblok, WONDR, UCD Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School, Onclusive and Clearstory International. UNICEF Ireland is Catalyst Media’s Business for Good Partner and CEO Peter Power spoke at the event to highlight the wonderful work carried out by the organisation.
In addition to the regular line-up, four new categories were added this year; Design & UX Team, Best Collaboration, Best Event Campaign and Best Consumer Campaign. These awards were introduced to celebrate the teams and collaborative efforts behind great results in the last year. Webdoctor.ie took home the Best Collaboration Award, the Best Event Campaign Award was won by Sing! Digital Marketing and the Best Consumer Campaign was awarded to Action24.
- Best Website – National Talent Academies, Dublin
- Best in E-Commerce – Folláin, Dublin
- Digital for Good Award – Virtual Record Treasury of Ireland, Dublin
- Best in Universal Design – Fáilte Ireland, Dublin
- Large Agency of the Year – Granite, Cork, Galway, Dublin
- Best App- An Post, Dublin
- Best Use of Disruptive Technology – AIG, Dublin
- Best in Social Media – Tayto Snacks, Dublin
- Best Customer Experience – Member First Credit Union, Dublin
- Best Integrated Media Campaign – Vodafone Ireland, Dublin
- Best Podcast – Redacted Lives, Dublin
- Best in Storytelling – Energia Group, Dublin
- Small Agency of the Year – Future Proof Media, Dublin
- Best Event Campaign – Sing! Digital Marketing, Dublin
- Best Influencer Led Campaign – Foras na Gaeilge, Antrim
- Digital Team of the Year – NCBI – Working for People with Sight Loss, Dublin
- Design & UX Team – An Post, Dublin
- Best Digital Brand – Webdoctor.ie, Dublin
- Best Collaboration – Webdoctor.ie, Dublin
- Best Consumer Campaign – Action24, Cork, Dublin, Galway
Watch award winners and partners speak about The Spider Awards and digital excellence below.