CDB Aviation announced a record year for 2018, in which the company executed transactions involving 107 aircraft
CDB Aviation is a wholly owned Irish subsidiary of China Development Bank Financial Leasing Co., Limited a 35- year-old Chinese leasing company that is backed mainly by the China Development Bank.
In the report, the company announced its 2018 results including:
- Signed lease transactions for 62 aircraft with 22 customers;
- Signed agreements to sell 17 aircraft and to acquire 28 aircraft;
- Acquired 42 aircraft on operating lease, representing over 20% growth by number of aircraft in the fleet at the start of 2018;
- Signed financing transactions for $3.2 billion;
- Ended the year with 104 total employees, adding 36 new staff members in 2018; and
- Added 9 new airline customers.
Patrick Hannigan, CDB Aviation Chief Commercial Officer, commented:
Our company’s top-calibre team is steadfast in its efforts to broaden our customer base, delivering on our commitment to building long-term relationships with airlines across all key markets of the world.
CDB Aviation Chief Executive Officer Peter Chang added:
We have built a top-tier, global platform that is financially strong, focused on long-term thinking, and highly competitive.
CDB Aviation and Leasing
CDB Leasing is the only leasing arm of the China Development Bank and a leading company in China’s leasing industry that has been engaged in aircraft, infrastructure, ship, commercial vehicle and construction machinery leasing and has a Chinese sovereign credit rating. In July 2016 it listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.