Darina Barrett, KPMG EMA Head of Asset Management
Business & Finance highlights the notable new appointments in the last week at KPMG, Enet and Celtic Anglian Water.
Darina Barrett, EMA Head of Asset Management
KPMG Dublin based Financial Services partner Darina Barrett has been appointed as KPMG’s EMA Head of Asset Management – one of KPMG’s fastest-growing global sectors.
Darina, who is a B.Comm graduate of NUIG Galway, led the Irish firm’s Financial Services practice from 2013 to May 2019 and is a member of the Irish Government strategy group for funds.
She has worked with the Irish funds industry, the regulator and government departments on initiatives to help Ireland retain its competitiveness.
A partner since 1999, Darina is also a member of the European Funds Asset Management Association (EFAMA) working group on investor education and is an advocate for equality working with the 30% Club in promoting inclusion and diversity including at the most senior levels in business.
Jason Alderton, International Account Manager
Enet has appointed Jason Alderton as its first International Account Manager, in which he will oversee the growth of the international business. He will be based in the UK and will report to Cormac Ryan, Enet’s Sales Director.
Enet operates the largest alternative wholesale telecoms network in Ireland, which comprises of over 5,400 km of fibre infrastructure, and is also key subcontractor for the rollout of Ireland’s ‘National Broadband Plan’.
With 18 years’ of customer relationship expertise, Jason has wide-ranging experience and a thorough understanding of telecoms in the UK and international markets. He previously served as Sales Manager for wholesale carriers Fibernet, Global Crossing, and Exponential-e.
“Expanding our on-the-ground presence in the UK will simplify the process for our international customers looking to access our extensive network. The appointment allows Enet to offer a unique tailored service for international operators seeking connectivity to Irish businesses,” said Cormac Ryan, Enet Sales Director.
Number of appointments/promotions
Celtic Anglian Water
- Darren O’Reilly joins the company as Industrial Business Development Manager, bringing his considerable experience of serving large industrial customers to the role which will involve promoting a suite of the latest water technologies and solutions to customers.
- Dr. Ciaran McCausland has been promoted to the CAW Board as Technical Director. he will aim to build upon CAW’s leading technical expertise in the Irish water sector and grow the company’s footprint in the industrial sector.
- Elizabeth Cohalan is appointed manager of the new Mobile Engineering services team for CAW. In this role Elizabeth will be leading a new team increasing the scope of the engineering solutions which CAW can deliver in-house to clients.
- Clare Duggan is promoted to Senior Project Manager within the engineering team. Clare joined the team as an engineer in 2015 and currently manages all co-ordination on behalf of CAW for the major upgrade works at Ringsend.
- Jack Mills is promoted from Project Engineer to Project Manager with the CAW Projects Team, having joined Celtic Anglian Water in 2016. He has managed a number of upgrade projects at the Ringsend and Waterford Wastewater Treatment Works.