Pictured at the eir Elevation Fast Company Awards at the Marker Hotel were Ian Hyland (CEO, Business & Finance), John Moore (CEO, 3D4 Medical) and Eavann Murphy (chief commercial officer, eir)
Voxpro, the Cork-based provider of multilingual tech support has won the Grand Prix Award at the eir Elevation Fast Company Awards 2015.
The Awards, which are sponsored by eir Business, recognise the ingenuity and economic growth potential of businesses across Ireland.
Voxpro, which also picked up the Services category Award, was the unanimous winner with the judges praising it for designing and implementing a world-class proposition that is now operating at an international corporate level. The company, also demonstrated ‘phenomenal growth potential’ which was just one of the criteria set out by the Judging panel.
This year’s Trailblazer award was given to 3D4Medical, the award-winning Irish tech company which specialises in app developments primarily for medical use. 3D4Medical’s groundbreaking apps, with over 9 million downloads to date, have revolutionised the teaching and learning of anatomy, physiology and exercise and is used by healthcare professionals.
The award winners, which span seven categories, were announced at a lunch in Dublin’s Marker Hotel on Friday 20th November 2015. The event was attended by high profile business personal including Eoghan Stack, CEO of the DCU Ryan Academy for Entrepreneurs; John Moore, CEO of 3D4 Medical and Ken Burke; head of Business Banking at AIB.
Speaking at the awards, Eavann Murphy, chief commercial officer of eir Business, commented: “The best businesses, and those that are most like to succeed, are the ones who identify a gap in the market, develop a unique product or service, employ the most talented people and implement a targeted growth plan. The entries in the eir Elevation Fast Company Awards 2015 are to be applauded for their innovation, planning, commitment to growth and sheer determination over the last number of years. I wish them all well in the next stage of their journeys.”
With a spotlight on innovation, international scalability, differentiation and strategic investment to the Irish economy, the Awards celebrated the success of Ireland’s fastest growing companies. Ian Hyland, chairman of the judging panel said that categories had been nothing short of exceptional. This year’s winners will undoubtedly progress to unparalleled height having illustrated potential for growth in terms of offering, revenue and international scalability.
The judges include eir Business’s chief commercial officer Eavann Murphy, CEO and publisher of Business & Finance Media Group Ian Hyland, CEO of Ogilvy JP Donnelly, former vice president and general manager at Intel Ireland Jim O’Hara, chief executive Topaz Emmet O’Neill, Dialogue Marketing chairman Michael Killeen, CEO of Social Entrepreneurs Ireland Darren Ryan, CEO of the DCU Ryan Academy for Entrepreneurs Eoghan Stack, heading up Sales at Linked Finance Tom O’Reilly, Intergrity360’s Eoin Goulding, CEO of Irish Management Institute Dr Simon Boucher and founder and director of Future State Shay Lunch.
The eir Elevation Fast Company Awards 2015, which were free to enter, were the brainchild of Business & Finance Media and supported by eir Business. For more information visit the website.
To view a gallery of the event, click here.
Other category winners:
- Manufacturing – Cupprint; paper cup manufacturer based in Co. Clare.
- Health & Life Sciences – Ocean Harvest Technology; organic seaweed food producer for the equine, bovine and salmon industries. Based in Co. Galway, they produce a product called Ocean Food, which is a totally natural, formulated blend of specific seaweeds resulting in organic feed ingredient.
- Social Entrepreneurship – FoodCloud; helps businesses redistribute surplus food to people who need it. This Dublin based company uses their food app, and website, to help participating businesses upload details of their surplus food and the time period in which the food can be collected.
- Emerging Fast Company – Rye River Brewing Company; beer brewer and distributor. Based in Kildare this brewery now employs 44 people, produces a range of fifteen beers and is a distributor for a number of international brands including San Miguel and Bavaria.
- Fast Moving Consumer Goods – Revive Active; product health supplement manufacturer and distributor based in Co. Galway.
- Services – Voxpro; provider of multilingual tech support and located in Co. Cork.
- Technology – Vizor; based in Dublin, harnesses technology to make financial supervision easier, faster and more effective for regulators.