Eavann Murphy,eir-Business, presenting Terry Clune, Marian Kinsella and Barry Dowling of Transfermate with the Grand Prix Award
Irish FinTech company honoured for building business on international scale
TransferMate, a company that enables businesses worldwide to both send and receive international payments, has won the Grand Prix Award at the eir Elevation Awards 2016. The eir Elevation Awards recognise the ingenuity and economic growth potential of businesses across Ireland
The company also won the Emerging Fast Company category award at the eir Elevation Awards 2016, which aim to recognise the ingenuity and economic growth potential of businesses across Ireland. Competition judges praised the business for being a role model for other companies by taking an idea and building a business on an international scale.
This year’s Trailblazer Award was awarded to Niall McGarry for his role spearheading Maximum Media. Maximum Media is home to four of Ireland’s most popular digital lifestyle brands: JOE.ie, Her.ie, SportsJOE.ie and HerFamily.ie, with over 11 million unique users each month.
In March 2015, the company launched in the UK, introducing JOE.co.uk, opening two new office locations in London and Manchester, attracting over four million unique users, as well as a busy social media following.
The award winners, which span seven categories, were announced at a lunch in Dublin’s Marker Hotel, today. Speaking at the awards, Eavann Murphy, chief commercial officer, eir Business, said: “TransferMate really showed us what is possible, and the way they’ve approached and managed their expansions is an example to all companies looking for a fast start.”
The eir Elevation Awards category winners are:
1. Manufacturing – Hanley Energy. An Irish-owned and managed company specialising in the design, supply installation and support of customised energy and critical power management solutions.
2. Health & Life Sciences – SilverCloud Health. Recognised by the judging panel as being the perfect candidate for the health and life sciences category – ticking all the boxes of a fast-growing company with huge future potential.
3. Social Entrepreneurship – MyMind. The venture stood out for the judges as a fantastic organisation and a company with a great future and huge growth potential because of a strong concept. MyMind offers patients the option to talk to their therapist online via video chat from the patient’s home.
4. Emerging Fast Company – TransferMate. Picked up the Grand Prix Award and was the unanimous winner for this category.
5. Fast Moving Consumer Goods – Handmade Soap Company. Stood out for the judges as a business that started as a kitchen brand to scaling internationally.
6. Services – Compliance and Risks. The business was recognised for taking itself from a good idea to an international and scalable idea.
7. Technology – eShopWorld. The company was recognised by the judging panel as a great service and idea with massive growth opportunity.