Linda Davis, CEO, Next Generation
Linda Davis, CEO of Next Generation, spoke to Business & Finance on tips for jobseekers. The onus is not just on the potential employer but also the candidate if they want to stand out.
PARTNER CONTENT IN ASSOCIATION WITH NEXT GENERATION
Linda mentions keys points in areas to make yourself stand out and be noticed ahead of the competition:
- Look at how your brand is represented; know your skill base and your achievements and how they relate to the job on your CV.
- Make sure your digital footprint is related to the field you’re involved in and highlight it in whatever form it comes in, be it in a digital paper, your LinkedIn profile, your Stack Overflow contribution or any other related form.
- Do your research and preparation for your interview; not just what the company does but the ethos behind it and of the leaders you will be working with. Mock interviews can improve not just the spoken element but also your body language.
- Take the initiative to improve yourself by looking at further education courses.
- Look at the most popular sectors where jobs will be established. Data science, financial services, digital and e-commerce are the hot sectors for 2018, according to Linda.
Next Generation is an international specialist recruitment company with a proven track record of sourcing and selecting best-fit talent. The recruitment services they offer are tailored to their clients’ talent attraction strategy and their candidates’ career expectations and goals. Next Generation’s experienced recruitment teams select best-fit solutions in order to provide the talent that companies need to give their organisation a competitive advantage.